Call Us Call Us Today! | (636) 947-3000
Auto Insurance AUTO

Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident.

Read More
Homeowners Insurance HOME

A standard policy insures the home itself and the things you keep in it.

Read More
Church Insurance CHURCH

Discover the perfect insurance options to meet your specific and unique needs.

Read More
Nonprofit Insurance NONPROFIT

Browse a variety of insurance options in order to find the right one for you.

Read More
Motorcycle Insurance MOTORCYCLE

Learn about different coverage options that fit your specific needs.

Read More
Recreational Insurance RECREATIONAL

Finding insurance doesn't have to be difficult. We do the work for you.

Read More

The quick answer to that question is;" State minimum Auto Liability coverage.." 

The best answer is: 

1.  All states require that any car being driven on public roads must carry as least minimum liability insurance.  When you own a car you must carry liability insurance to pay for losses you may cause to someone's body or property with your vehicle. 

2. The statement, 25/50/10, is an example of Split Limit liability.  The first two numbers are for Bodily Injury.  The third number is for Property Damage. 

3. The first 25 is $25,000 is the maximum  payable per person who is injured.  The 50 is $50,000 is the maximum that would be paid per accident.  If there are more three or more people injured the money will have to be apportioned out.

4. . The bodily injury liability is to cover doctor's/hospital bills, lost income, pain and suffering and, possible, disability settlements. However, the insurance company will only pay the actual loss. The full amount of liability is not a guarantee to pay that amount.

5.  The property damage liability is to pay for damage to another person's property caused by the collision.  That may be their car, their garage door, a road sign or the side of their house or any property damaged by your vehicle.

6. Higher Limits of liability are always recommended.  Amounts such as 50/100/50, 100/300/100, 250/500/250 or 500/1000/500 are available. They can be in variables of those numbers, also.

See "How Much Auto Liability should I carry?"

Other Topics of Interest:

Is Missouri a "no fault" State for Auto Insurance?

How Does Auto Rental Reimbursement Work?

Auto Insurance Towing & Labor/Roadside Assistance

Posted 1:56 PM

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2017
  • 2013

View Mobile Version
© Copyright. All rights reserved.
Powered by Insurance Website Builder